As the world's leading glass-packaging maker, create beautiful, recyclable glass containers for many of the best-loved brands. Here's a snapshot of the global influence of our company.
- Founded in 1903 as Owens Bottle Company
- Merged with Illinois Glass Company in 1929 to become Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Worldwide headquarters: Perrysburg, Ohio, USA View our locations
- $7.4 billion in net sales in 2011 View our financial reports
- 81 plants in 21 countries View our locations
- Joint ventures in China, Italy, Malaysia, the United States and Vietnam
- 24,000-plus employees worldwide
- 1,900-plus worldwide patents
- 49,000-plus customers in 86 countries
- 10,000-plus product offerings
- 600-plus new product solutions launched each year
- More post-consumer glass - 4.5 million tonnes - used than any other glass-container maker
- Learn more about O-I's sustainability goals